Thursday 14 April 2011

Mark Ryden


Mark Ryden is an american ilustrator, who has created a new style in contemporary art.









He was born on January 20th, 1963 in Medford, Oregon. Ryden studied Ilustration and graduated from the Art Center College of Design in pasadena, in 1987. His first solo show was "The Meat Show" in 1998.

His art has been classified as "Surrealism Pop" and it's the perfect blend between bloody  and tender, between perversity and innocent, and this blend is his personal seal. His art are full of  symbols and allegories too.
The artist has said that he was a child he interested in the strange. Worried teachers called Ryden's parents because the little Mark drew people with 3 eyes or pets guts out. But his parents ignored this, and they always supported his son.

Among his works, he designed the  Michael Jackson's album cover "Dangerous".

*Exhibitions:  "The Meat Show" (1998)
                     "Bunnies and Bees" (2002)
                      "Blood Show" (2005)
                      "The Tree Show" (2007)
                      "The Snow Yak Show" (2009)
                      "The Gay 90's Show" (2010)






...
I love this artist because his works touch something in my heart. The look of the characters speaks to me. That blend between terderness and blood brings me to the most primitive, which is out of my consciousness. I can't explain it with words. Simply I love him. :)

2 comments:

  1. I love Mark Ryden, you know it hahaha, we are similar in likes, I feel the same when I see his art, The Pop surrealism is the best in all the world, I hope I can do something like that some day and make people shudder (and maybe, having nigthmares).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked him on the net, and his illustrations suggest me some sadness, it seems that they were porcelain dolls, they are very beautiful! (I must admit that is reminiscent of Tim Burton)
    Nice

    ReplyDelete