Thursday 7 April 2011

Gothic Art Now

¿What is gothic?
There are many articles and opinions about this, and it isn't answered yet.
But, when we talk about gothic, we have an aesthetic and visual image: people with black clothes and laces, outlined eyes, pale faces.
For some people, this is a past style, but another say gothic is not dead, and it's presents in different aspects in actuality.
As in Art :)




Gothic Art Now is a book that groups the best of gothic contemporary art (painting, ilustration sculps, digital image, etc). It shows clasic gothic topics, like vampires and graves, and current elements taken from cine and TV.
Gothic Art Now is a good book that brings the gothic art to the people.

...

 I think gothic is more than just show black roses and vampires. There are many people that think gothic is just using black clothes or just listening to Lacrimosa. There are a historical culture, artist, poets and writters are unknown for the "new gothics".
There are many art works that are more "gothics" than some that are in this book.
Also, I think there are many artist we can be considered gothic left out of this book. (eg: Mark Ryden :)ww.markryden.com )

In my opinion, this isn't the best book about gothic art.

...

Thanks for reading :)

bye-byee! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love gothic art, and Mark Ryden, oh my god, is my favourite, When I was in Disney, I entered the haunted house and the first thing you saw were a few pictures of people at risk of death or scary paints, guess who they were, Mark Ryden! not all, of course. So, I fell in love with him in my 8 years <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember the style of the movies of tim burton,
    so interesting,
    good book, good ilustrations!

    ReplyDelete